A Truly Green, High-Performance & Economical Wall Insulation.
R-Tech for Insulated Tilt-up (IT) applications is a high-performance, rigid insulation consisting of a superior closed-cell, lightweight and resilient expanded polystyrene (EPS) with advanced polymeric laminate facers. R-Tech IT is available with factory laminated MR (metallic-reflective) facer on one exterior side, and a white protective facer on the other exterior side.
The R-Tech facers act as the slip sheet to minimize bonding between the foam, Facia Wythe and Structural Wythe wall. The core of R-Tech is the same high-quality as our InsulFoam brand insulations and meets or exceeds the requirements of ASTM C578, Standard Specification for Rigid, Cellular Polystyrene Thermal Insulation. R-Tech has excellent dimensional stability, compressive strength and water-resistant properties.
R-Tech insulated Tilt-up (IT) is designed for both commercial and residential tilt-up wall applications.
R-Tech IT is available in 4′ x 8′ sheets with thicknesses ranging from 0.5″ to 4.5″. R-Tech IT can also incorporate the InsulSnap feature which allows the end user to cleanly break the 4′ x 8′ sheets into a desired width. Custom sizes are available upon request (lengths up to 16′).
- User Friendly. R-Tech IT can be ordered with the InsulSnap feature which scores the product longitudinally at any pre-ordered interval (commonly 16″ or 24″ o.c.) to accommodate different locations for the tiles. The InsulSnap feature minimizes labor by enabling the installer to cleanly break the product at the desired width while also minimizing product breakage and waste.
- Jobsite Durability. With a polymeric facer on either side of the R-Tech IT, it is an extremely flexible and durable insulation.
- Water-Resistant. R-Tech IT facers provide a surface that is virtually impervious to moisture.
- Stable R-Value. R-Tech has no thermal drift. Designers are well served knowing the R-Tech IT thermal properties will remain stable over its entire service life. R-Tech is eligible for an Insulfoam 20-Year Thermal Performance Warranty – a warranty that’s not prorated or limited to a percentage of the published R-Value.
- Cost-Effective. R-Tech is typically less expensive than other cavity wall insulations.
- Environmentally Friendly. R-Tech may contain up to 15% recycled material and the foam core is 100% recyclable.
- More R-Value per dollar than any other rigid insulation product
- R-Value doesn’t degrade over time
- Most cost-effective insulation – typically 25-40% less than other rigid insulations
- Easy to install – reduces install labor costs by more than 50%
- Code recognized insulation (ICC-ES, UL) at an economical price
- Complimentary 20-year thermal performance warranty available
Engineered for Versatility
- Available in 0.5″ – 4.5″ product thicknesses
- The right product for any job. Available in multiple densities, compressive strengths and panels sizes
- Meet or exceed ASTM C578 requirements.
- Lightweight panels -easy to install
- Highly durable, yet resilient
- Simple to cut in the field with a saw or hot wire kit
- Custom, job-specific sizes with no additional lead time
- 100% recyclable, may contain up to 20% recycled content
- High long-term thermal performance (stable R-Value) conserves energy and operational costs
- Contributes toward LEED energy efficiency points
- Does not support old or mildew growth for improved indoor air quality (IAQ)
- Naturally water resistant – does not readily absorb moisture from the environment
- Regional manufacturing throughout North America reduces transportation costs to job sites, and environmental impact.